This week I turned 36.
When it comes time for my birthday, I always like to use these times to reflect.
I feel lucky that my birthday falls in June, because it is a natural middle-of-the-year check-in.
My process when doing this is:
- Look at my goals for the year; how is my progress
- Reset goals that need to be adjusted
- Journal my thoughts
I keep it simple because if I plan too much, it will likely not get done.
Being on social media provided a unique opportunity to write a concise list of reflections. I released one on Saturday, which you can read here.
I realized as I wrote that I had a lot of financial lessons in the list, so I actually broke that out into a separate list, which I talked about on my podcast.
You can listen to that episode by clicking here.
It’s amazing, as I look back, at what we learn and don’t learn as we grow up. Many, if not most of the lessons, I was exposed to. But it took a personal experience for me to internalize them.
I think this is something that happens often in life. That’s why I’m such a believer in taking action.
It’s through action that you gain clarity. That clarity helps you reframe things, and that reframing helps you refine your goals. You then repeat the process.
If you want to better understand financial statements, here are 3 ways I can help:
- Purchase the Financial Statements Decoded eBook.
- Join the Financial Statements Decoded cohort waitlist (next one in January).
- Get one-on-one consulting on your financials and make more money (Booked through December 2022).